Motorhome Academy is a new venture, set up by the owners of the motorhome and camping accessory business Outdoor Bits. The aim is to help new owners understand the day-to-day operation and use of their vehicle.
The majority of new first time owners of Motorhomes leave the Dealership in a haze of excitement having possibly absorbed 20% of the handover contents.
They then nervously drive away and upon arrival safely home then suddenly realise how little they really know about their vehicle and how it works “under the hood”.
This is where the Motorhome Academy course comes in. They, over the course of a day, take you from inexperienced new owners to competent Motorhomers confident in your abilities, safe and secure to operate your vehicles inner workings.
The course outline is as follows:-
- Motorhome Types and pros and cons of each.
- 230v Electrics and how it operates, shortfalls and workarounds
- 12v Electrics operation, battery charging, benefits and hints and tips.
- Gas in the Motorhome, safety, usage, caveats and refillable cylinders.
- Water System / Sanitation, typical Motorhome configurations, tips on refilling / emptying. Toilet operation and types.
- Motorhome Security, Alarms, locks, simple common sense tips for safe living aboard.
- Motorhome Technology Addons, Reversing Cameras, Solar Panels, SOG, Satellite and TV Systems, Air Conditioning and other extras. Explanation and Pros and Cons of each technology.
- Question Time, thrown open to the floor for any questions you had been dying to ask but didn’t know who to ask !
Obviously this is a lot to get through in a single day, you will be given some information to take away to absorb in your own time. Course participants also receive an in depth paperback book written by the Course Instructor which covers the subject matter in much more depth (Normal RRP £10)
Courses are held at Outdoor Bits in Exmouth, Devon and full information can be found on their website motorhomeacademy.com