The new Bailey Autograph motorhome range – designed with you in mind
- Truly versatile space – with six innovative layouts including four new models that can accommodate up to six people, the new Autograph is ideal for any family
- Superb on-the-road performance – powered by a new Peugeot Boxer Euro 6 2.0 Blue Hdi 160 bhp engine that comes complete with a 6-speed manual gearbox, as well as an AL-KO AMC chassis and Alu-Tech bodyshell
- Head-turning looks and superior interior design to enhance the experience and create a feeling of premium quality, inside and out
- The very highest standard of specifications – including a standard factory fit Fiamma awning, a Truma 100w solar panel and an upgraded Alde heating system
- More comfort than ever before, with a new domestic style DreamSleep seating system that makes bed-making simple
- A fully customisable solution – with a range of factory fitted upgrades including a choice of media packs so customers can create their ideal motorhome.
With the launch of the Approach Autograph in 2013, Bailey firmly established themselves as one of the leading mainstream motorhome manufacturers. In fact, the Autograph’s unique combination of quality, style and value struck such a chord with the public that it is now one of the most popular motorhomes seen on the road today.
To build on the success of the Autograph and create the much-awaited second generation, Bailey went back to basics and interrogated every single detail. The result is a motorhome that surpasses the original to appeal to new and existing customers. Bailey are predicting this to be their best and most popular motorhome yet, and looking at the enhanced specifications it’s easy to see why.
The new Bailey Autograph is the result of one of the most comprehensive and rigorous design reviews of its kind – with 28 people working a total of 13,500 man hours and generating 126,000 3-D CAD computer files. By fine-tuning every single detail, the Bailey team are able to unveil the next generation of motorhome that’s designed to make travel and holidaying a pleasure.
More comfortable to drive
The all-new Peugeot Euro 6 Boxer Cab powered by a 160 BHP engine with six-speed manual gearbox and featuring ESP electronic stability control makes the Autograph even easier to drive, while new fully adjustable driver and passenger seats enhance the comfort to make every journey a pleasure. From the concertina windscreen blinds to the twin cup holders, from the variable power steering to the cab air conditioning, every detail has been carefully thought about to create an attractive and comfortable space for driver and passengers alike.
The fully specified cab is matched with an ultra-low profile lightweight AL-KO AMC chassis. With a lower centre of gravity, the chassis improves road holding and braking efficiency by providing a balanced weight distribution. The low-level entrance step also makes it easy for anyone to get in and out of the vehicle.
The bodyshell is built using the Bailey patented Alu-Tech construction system, complete with GRP outer skin and under floor protection, creating a robust and durable vehicle that’s still lighter than many others on the road, giving greater resistance to the elements to keep owners comfortable, safe and secure.
More stylish on the road
The Bailey Design Team has added a number of new exterior features to enhance the smooth and aero-dynamic looks of the Autograph range. With an all-new graphic scheme, re-designed back panel incorporating recessed LED exterior lighting and new Aero Style wheel arches, side skirts and flush fit double glazing throughout, every model in the range looks stylish and contemporary.
Further new features also enhance the functionality of the Autograph. The factory fit Fiamma awning and exterior gas BBQ point make this motorhome ideal for alfresco dining and the BBQ can be safely stowed in any one of the new storage options with both under-bed and through-boot storage areas (model specific) that are easy to access externally.
More relaxing than ever before
Inside the new Autograph, the décor has been expertly refined with new cabinetry featuring a ‘Mendip Ash’ finish to create a clean and contemporary look. Premium quality fixtures and fittings in a brushed steel finish are standard throughout the kitchen, bathroom and living areas, while an overhead locker system with split level storage makes it simple to keep essential items stored away but within easy reach.
In the kitchen area a new basalt stone finish ‘self-healing’ worktop adds a sophisticated yet practical touch, while new kitchen units with heavy duty drawers optimise the space to make cooking and food preparation easier. A new Thetford Duplex combined oven and grill, along with a dual-fuel hob with electric hotplate and three gas burners give users true flexibility to cook up a real feast, while a stainless steel square kitchen sink with swan-neck mixer tap makes light work of the washing up.
As you’d expect in a motorhome of this quality, Bailey has fitted the Alde radiator heating system as standard and by working closely with the manufacturer we’ve enhanced its performance still further to make it the most effective to date. New look washrooms now contain a single piece fully sealed shower cubicle with a concertina partition door, along with a pedestal hand basin with ceramic ball mixer tap.
Just like the kitchen and washroom, the living area has been redesigned to add even more comfort. For the first time ever in a motorhome, we’ve included the DreamSleep soft furnishing system. Featuring a domestic style cushion construction, with multi-layered base cushions and shaped back rests, it is built using breathable fabrics and a solid foam core to providing customers something much more akin to what they would find in the lounge of their own home. Add to this the fact that the cushions are lighter than those manufactured in a conventional manner and form part of an innovative bed-make up system you begin to see why ‘DreamSleep’ represents such a major step forward in soft furnishing design.
To ensure these stunning new motorhomes look every bit as good by night as by day Bailey has introduced new 12 voltage lighting, ambient lights and low-level task lighting bringing users more control than ever before, while a new Truma 100-watt solar panel provides a constant source of electricity to keep everything running smoothly.
Customers can create their own individual look for their Autograph, choosing either Berkeley or Grosvenor soft furnishings with two scatter cushions. Both styles come with matching window panels and roman blinds to create an integrated look that makes any model a real home from home.
More safety, more choice
There are many safety features which come as standard with Bailey motorhomes, but what sets them apart from the competition are those incorporated following the pioneering Bailey crash test research at the Millbrook Proving Ground. These learnings not only reassure customers that all eventualities have been considered, but they also led to the development of ergonomically shaped rear designated travel seats for increased safety and comfort.
Discerning motorhome users can choose to personalise their Autograph thanks to a range of new optional extras, including 15” or 16” graphite alloy wheels (model specific), leather upholstery and all-new factory fitted media packs including Waeco reversing cameras and screens.
Many thought it was impossible to improve on the practicality and comfort of the original Autograph range, but by rethinking every single element Bailey designers have enhanced the specifications to deliver their best ever motorhome yet.
Style and practicality have been at the forefront of the designers’ minds, but one final key factor was price. Bailey have earned a reputation for delivering excellent value for money, and Autograph will continue in this vein. Whether you’re an experienced motorhome user or just starting on the journey, the more luxurious, stylish and better equipped Autograph is available for considerably less than you might think.
Initially the new Approach Autograph range will feature the two most popular layouts from the previous series, along with four exciting new additions.
All Autograph models have been assigned new names using a number sequence identifying the length of the vehicle and the amount of dedicated passenger seats (e.g. the 75-2 model is 7.5 metres long and capable of transporting two people). In certain case a suffix letter has been added to signify the layout type.
- Autograph 75-2 – 4 berth low-profile end-bedroom with longitudinal fixed double bed (formerly the Approach Autograph 740 model)
- Autograph 75-4 – 4 berth low-profile end-bedroom with longitudinal fixed double bed & designated travelling seats (formerly the Approach Autograph 745 model)
- NEW Autograph 79-4 – 4 berth low-profile end-bedroom with twin fixed single beds, designated travelling seats & rear storage locker
- NEW Autograph 79-4T – 4 berth low-profile end-bedroom with longitudinal fixed double island bed, designated travelling seats & rear storage locker
- NEW Autograph 79-6 – 6 berth low-profile end-lounge, front transverse drop-down double bed & designated travelling seats
- NEW Autograph 79-6G – 6 berth low-profile end-bedroom with rear transverse fixed double bed, front transverse drop-down double bed, designated travelling seats & rear storage garage
All models feature the Peugeot Boxer Euro 6 cab powered by 2.0 Blue Hdi 160 bhp engine complete with a 6-speed manual gearbox, AL-KO AMC chassis and the Alu-Tech bodyshell as standard specification.
The Autograph 75-2, 75-4, 79-4, 79-4T & 79-6 models will be arriving at Approved Bailey Retailers from early August onwards. The Autograph 79-6G will make its first appearance at the Motorhome & Caravan Show, NEC Birmingham in October.
Full product information, including 360 degree product tours of each model will go live on Wednesday 20th July on www.baileyofbristol.co.uk.
If you’d like to be kept up to date, simply join the Bailey e-mail subscriber data base by visiting the company website at the address above or follow Bailey on Twitter (@BaileyofBristol), Instagram (@BaileyofBristol) & Pintrest (Bailey of Bristol)
Key Features of the New Autograph Range
- Peugeot Boxer Cab
- NEW Peugeot fully compliant Euro 6 Boxer Cab supplied with a 3 year / 100,000 mile warranty & 12 months Peugeot Assist Cover
- NEW Peugeot 2.0 Blue Hdi (High Pressure Direct Injection) 160 BHP engine with six speed manual gear box
- NEW ‘Bianco’ white cab with colour coded bumpers and door handles
- NEW Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Cruise control & cab air conditioning
- Driver & front passenger airbags
- NEW fully adjustable upholstered driver & passenger Captains’ seats with twin armrests & integrated headrests
- DAB Radio with Bluetooth connectivity & 2 door speakers
- NEW twin cup holders
AL-KO AMC Chassis
- Ultra-low profile wide track AL-KO AMC Chassis
Alu-Tech Bodyshell Habitation Area
- Supplied with a 6-year transferable body shell integrity guarantee & a 3-year transferable manufacturers components warranty*
- 4-year transferable extension to bodyshell integrity guarantee available as a cost option (making 10 years in total)*
- 3-year transferable extension to manufacturers component warranty available as a cost option (making 6 years in total)*
- EN-1646-I Grade III classification for heating & thermal insulation
- European Whole Vehicle Type Approval
- Structural interlocking aluminium extrusion external framework with no external fixing points for additional strength & rigidity
- Four or five part fully bonded exterior panel assembly system featuring:
- Upper body panels manufactured using superior bead application laminating technology for a stronger more consistent bond
- Upper body panels built using a timber free construction, incorporating a composite plastic internal skeleton, a high density polystyrene insulation & a GRP inner wall lining
- Upper body panels cloaked in a single sheet impact resistant GRP outer skin for extra durability
- Strengthened floor panel with GRP underside protection
- NEW ‘Polar white’ bodyshell with co-ordinating graphics scheme
- NEW design ‘Aero Style’ rear bumper and light pillars with individual LED road lights, wheel arches & side skirts
- NEW flush fit double seal exterior locker doors featuring heavy duty handles, two compression locks & retaining clip
- NEW ‘Aero Style’ Fiamma F45S wind-out awning
- NEW ‘Aero Style’ double glazed windows throughout
- NEW large ‘Aero Style’ double glazed opening sky view over cab window with pleated night blind
- NEW exterior gas BBQ point
- Furniture & Soft Furnishings
- NEW Bailey ‘Mendip Ash’ furniture finish
- NEW Dual finish high gloss overhead locker doors in living area
- NEW ‘Satin white’ finish cupboard doors in kitchen & vanity units in washroom
- NEW ‘Basalt stone’ finish kitchen & washroom worktop laminate
- NEW ‘Granite stone’ finish shower cubicle
- NEW premium quality fixtures & fittings in brushed steel finish
- NEW ‘Aero Style’ overhead locker system with split level storage, gas struts, domestic style metal hinges & push open locker doors
- Structural locker dividers with greater load bearing capacity
- NEW domestic standard kitchen units featuring durable worktop surfaces and heavy duty drawers with positive catches
- NEW drop-down kitchen worktop extension (model specific)
- NEW design slide out bed boxes for easy bed make up
- NEW design fixed beds with aluminium frames & gas strut assisted opening mechanism (model specific)
- NEW design ceiling mounted mechanically operated Alu-Line transverse drop down double bed with sprung base (model specific)
- NEW ‘DreamSleep’ multi-layered lounge seat base cushions for enhanced comfort & easier bed make-up
- NEW ‘DreamSleep’ domestic style lounge backrests for enhanced comfort
- NEW foam filled upholstery featuring premium quality fabrics and high density filling
- NEW ‘DreamSleep’ mattress with honeycore foam construction and breathable anti-bacterial ultimate freshness fabric
- NEW ergonomically shaped rear designated travel seats (model specific)
- NEW choice of either ‘Berkeley’ or ‘Grosvenor’ soft furnishings with two scatter cushions, co-ordinating decorative window panels and roman window blinds
- NEW Truma 100 watt solar panel
- Banner 110 ampere/hour premium leisure battery
- NEW electrical control panel with push button operation for all motorhome services
- NEW 12v ambient, mood and task lighting throughout
- NEW 230v power supply with up to eight new design interior sockets
- NEW up to three USB sockets
Water & Heating Systems
- Alde Hydronic Compact 3020 programmable radiator heating system with combined water heating:
- Touch screen user-friendly control panel
- Dual fuel 3.4 Kw gas and 3 Kw electric power sources
- Programmable daily timer
- Panel radiator in washroom
- NEW panel radiator in living area (model specific)
- Whale Aqua smart II on-board water pump with Aquasource ‘lay flat’ filling pipe
- 93.5 litre external insulated fresh water tank with baffles and level sensor
- 93.5 litre external waste water tank with baffles & level sensor
- Inboard shower unit with ceramic ball mixer tap and Ecocamel shower head
- NEW single piece fully sealed shower cubicle with concertina partition door
- NEW pedestal washroom hand basin with ceramic ball mixer tap
- NEW retractable clothes line
- NEW shower mat & duck board
- Dometic 103 litre refrigerator with electronic ignition and detachable full width freezer compartment. Capacity increases to 110 litres when freezer compartment is removed
- NEW Thetford Duplex combined oven & grill with electronic ignition & flame failure device
- NEW Thetford dual-fuel hob with electric hotplate & 3 gas burners
- Stainless steel 800 watt microwave oven conveniently located at eye level
- NEW stainless steel square kitchen sink with swan-neck mixer tap, washing up bowl, drainer & chopping board
Safety & Security
- AL-KO outriggers fitted to AMC Chassis for enhanced floor strength
- 3-point seat belts on all designated travelling seats (model specific)
- Steel frame seat base supports for all designated travelling seats (model specific)
- Steel framed seat base tops for all designated travelling seats (model specific)
- Steel framed structural bulkhead to support all rear-facing designated travelling seats (model specific)
- Dedicated storage location for both free-standing & wall/floor mounted tables
- NEW 15” or 16” graphite alloy wheels (model specific)
NEW Factory fitted Media Pack:
- Waeco reversing camera & dashboard mounted screen
- Status 550 telescopic directional digital television aerial
- 19” Avtex digital television (12v or 240V) mounted in front lounge
NEW Factory fitted Media Pack Plus:
- Branded 6.5” touch-screen head unit incorporating reversing camera screen
- Waeco reversing camera
- Status 550 telescopic directional digital television aerial
- 19” Avtex digital television (12v or 240V) mounted in front lounge
- 24” Avtex digital television with DVD player (12v or 240V) mounted in rear bedroom
- Branded 300W lounge speakers
- Branded portable Bluetooth awning speaker
NEW Leather fabric upgrade on both ‘Berkeley’ and ‘Grosvenor’ upholstery choices
- Bespoke motorhome bedding sets to co-ordinate with soft furnishings (model specific)
*Terms and conditions apply. Please visit the Vehicle Warranty Section on www.baileyofbristol.co.uk for more information.